Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Benefits of herbal tea

I’m tingly. Seriously. I started drinking a medicinal herbal tea called Mother’s Milk in an attempt to boost my production. I’ve barely gotten through half a cup and my breasts are tingly. Ok, so it’s almost time for me to pump (been three hours since the baby ate), but STILL. I can imagine, right? By the way, the tea doesn’t taste all that great, but I’m willing to give it a shot in the name of higher yields.

Another benefit of the tea is that it apparently lowers blood sugar. Sweet! So we went to a pizza buffet for lunch today to celebrate my birthday and a milestone at work. We walked to and from the restaurant, which is only about a five or so minute walk. I had four pieces of pizza and a big salad and my two hour post reading was 123! I’m so psyched. I’m thinking, though, that I need to drink the tea closer to when I’m about to pump or nurse. I just pumped and hadn’t had any tea since this morning and while I am pleased with what I pumped, it wasn’t much more than usual. However, I did get more out of the left than I had been getting, so that’s a plus. So I’ll wait until about 4 p.m. this afternoon to drink any more and see how baby eats tonight. Maybe I’ll even have a cup before she goes to bed to see if she sleeps more!

Well, on to the dinner front, I set out some chicken this morning to thaw. We’ll have fajitas. I bought carb balance tortillas, but they’re still white flour so we’ll see what happens with my BS tonight. I was getting a good brand of tortilla at Wal-Mart that was low carb and whole wheat, but they don’t carry it anymore. So I decided to go with the carb balanced tortillas versus just plain whole wheat. I think I’ve done whole wheat before and it screwed with my BS.

Ok, it’s 3:30 and I didn’t get to leave to feed the baby this afternoon and now I’m wondering when this day will end! And I feel hungry (still) even after a double snack. Ho hum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home