Monday, June 26, 2006

(Re)birth of a passion


wounded soldiers low res
Originally uploaded by Michelle2175.

I accidentally found photography in high school when I needed to fill an elective spot. Much like I found journalism, but that's a post for another day.

The Mr. used to tell me that I should just wake up and put the camera around my neck first thing. There was a time that I couldn't take enough pictures. And then I sort of dropped off. Lately, though, I can't stop again. For a while I was getting three or four rolls of film developed every week or two.

And then, Dad bought me this amazing camera. A digital SLR that allows me to take 100 pictures at a time and not have to worry about getting five or six rolls of film developed to get those few perfect shots. The kids have OD'd on picture-taking; they used to beg me to take their pictures, now they run from me when I have the camera in hand!

My latest assignment: toys.


1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Suburban Island said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Suburban Island today. I'm glad you did because it gave me a chance to visit your blog. I'll definitely be back and I hope you'll stop back by Suburban Island too! By the way, this is a great photo. You should definitely keep taking pictures (and sharing them).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home