Monday, July 10, 2006

A kidism

Yes, I know it's not Wednesday.

So, over the weekend after giving No. 2 a shower, I was cleaning out her ears. She's pretty sensitive about them. Well, that's actually an understatement. Her entire first year of life was plagued with ear infections. At six months, the doctors were ready to "tube her," but she was too young. At the first sign of winter, her ears clogged up and she got her first set of tubes around her first birthday. Second set came around her second birthday.

Anyway, so she's being squirmy and screamy while I'm cleaning the waxiness out of her ears. Being the good mom that I am (no, my arm isn't breaking as I'm patting myself on the back), I tried to make the most of it.

Pulling out a loaded Q-tip, I said something to the effect of "ewww, look how gross that is."

The screaming and crying immediately stopped so she could (rather defensively) say, "I didn't put that in there."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home