Tuesday, August 29, 2006

To love, honor and obey

The other day when The Mr. asked why I stopped wearing perfume I had a very logical answer. When I started nursing the baby, I said, I didn’t want any interference. I want her to smell me, not perfume.

“Well, I like it when you smell pretty,” he said.

“I smell clean, isn’t that good enough,” I asked sarcastically.

He smiled.

A few days later when he asked why I didn’t wear skirts anymore, I didn’t have such a logical answer. I had a good excuse, but not a logical answer.

“You see, when I wear a skirt, my thighs could light a fire just walking down the hall,” I explained.

"Wear pantyhose," he countered.

"Blech! Why wear pantyhose when I don't have to?"

“I like it when you..."

"Look like a girl?" I interrupted.

"Yeah,” he said. “Not like frilly pinky stuff, just an occasional dress or skirt.”

“Oh. Ok.”

So today, in honor of my beloved and adorable husband, I am wearing body splash and a skirt. (Thank God it’s not hot and humid today!) I love you sweetie. And I love looking like a girl for you.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I don't mind a skirt or a dress, but it would have to be true love to get me in panty hose. To love, indeed!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Lori Rode said...

Dr. Parts says the same thing about skirts & hosiery. My excuse is that my feet hurt, which translates into "I can't wear the kinds of shoes that go with skirts." He's still not buying it. But really, does he want to see my Brooks athletic shoes and ankle socks under a skirt? I doubt it. I hope it works for you and him, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home