Thursday, July 20, 2006

What has the presidency come to?

I'm about drawn to tears. I have supported President George W. Bush through a host of criticisms. My argument mainly is that his personality is so no-nonsense, so down home (so what if he said "shit" about Hezbollah and Israel?) that Americans just aren't used to it. Seems to me that we have to have something to complain about.

But the stem cell veto. . . I can't support that. I wish he could live just one day in the shoes of a diabetic or a parent of a diabetic child, or a person with Parkinson's, or the spouse of someone with Alzheimer's--all diseases that have the potential to be cured with the help of stem cell research.

So many others have said it better than I could ever hope to: Mr. Bush, get your head out of your ass.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle. Michele sent me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home