Wednesday, June 27, 2007

If there was a theme song for Byetta, I’d be singing it

So far, after what amounts to two full days (Monday evening, all day Tuesday and this morning) of Byetta, I’m having a great time. That sounds weird to say, but that’s the best way to explain it, I think.

I’ve had two post breakfast readings in the 80s for meals that prior to Byetta I would have taken four to six units of Novolog to cover. I’ve had fastings under 100 when I’ve gone to bed at 216. And I’ve gotten great readings in random tests after I’ve had a snack.

One of the best things: I’m testing after every meal and keeping a log again. I’m not sure how long this will last, but I’m so in awe of this medicine (when I went into this with such low expectations) that I’m trying to make the most of it.

Perhaps the best thing: For the first time since taking it, I can’t fathom the idea of eating.

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Byetta question - with all your testing - how have your morning numbers been doing? I've noticed recently that I can go to bed with a decent number but i'm going up up up during the night.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Michko said...

My fastings have been insanely good. Quite a few in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger dtbrents said...

Thank you for your blog. I've been on byetta for a year. I have lost 30 lbls. For some reason my appetite has returned. I have gained three lbs. and I'm horrified. I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. Doylene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home