Finally a new post!!!
Um, yeah, so it's been a while since I updated my blog. I've been so involved with Blogabetes that I'm having trouble finding time (read: deadline season at work) and inspiration for my blog. However, I have vowed to try to be better about not leaving my faithful readers in a lurch for so long anymore.
So, here to whet your appetite for more, is a meme floating around the OC.
1. Were you named after anyone? My middle name is my paternal grandmother’s maiden name. My sister and my nephew have the same middle name. An interesting tidbit about my name: all three of my names have eight letters.
2. When was the last time you cried? The week before Thanksgiving, I think. I was terribly worried about my blood clot leg and wound up going for a doppler to make sure I wasn’t developing another clot.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Sometimes. Usually I think it’s just OK.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Roast beef.
5. Do you have kids? Yes. No. 1 is almost 8 (my God how did that happen??), No. 2 just turned 5, and No. 3 will be 2 next week (again, how did that happen??).
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I hope so.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Ah, ye-ah.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.
9. Would you bungee jump? No freaking way. Couldn’t get me to jump out of a plane either.
10. What is your favorite cereal? I have a lot of trouble eating cereal without taking a ton of insulin. When I do eat cereal, though, I like Raisin Bran Crunch, Smart Start (but I won’t buy it anymore because the box is too small for the steep price tag) and almost anything sugary.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No.
12. Do you think you are strong? I have my moments.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Peanut Butter and Chocolate from Baskin Robbins. Also really like Chocolate Fudge Brownie from Ben and Jerry’s.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Body shape, I think. And how a person holds himself up. I think it reveals a lot about self-confidence.
15. Red or Pink? Neither, really. Or, it depends.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I can be moody.
17. Who do you miss the most? I regret that I can’t spend more time with my grandmother. And hate that I can’t see my sister every day.
18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Jeans and khaki slip ons from Easy Spirit.
20. What was the last thing you ate? Quaker’s Lower Sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal. I really want some M&M’s right now.
21. What are you listening to right now? A girl in the office discussing style and grammar, the ticking of my typing.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Always loved midnight blue.
23. Favorite smells? Rain, fresh-cut grass, Christmas, clean babies.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? I had an editorial conference call. In five minutes I’m about to have another conference call.
25. Favorite sports to watch? Baseball, specifically the St. Louis Cardinals. I’ve grown to enjoy watching football.
26. Hair color? Medium brown
27. Eye color? Blueish, greenish.
28. Do you wear contacts? No, I wear glasses. I get mixed answers when I ask about contacts. However, I’m not fond of having things in my eyes, so I don’t know that I’d enjoy wearing contacts anyway.
29. Favorite food? I love a good steak. Oh, and pretty much anything chocolate.
30. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Happy endings, though I enjoy some psychological thrillers and would prefer that to a physical thriller.
31. Last movie you watched? Die Hard 4.
32. What color shirt are you wearing? Greenish button down with my company name embroidered.
33. Summer or winter? Depends. I don’t like real hot or real cold. I prefer spring and fall.
34. Hugs or kisses? Depends on who I’m getting them from!
35. Favorite dessert? Hmmm… I have to pick just one?
36. What is on your mousepad? Some space scene.
37. What did you watch on TV last night? I watched Journeyman online because I missed it on TV on Monday.
38. Favorite sound? My kids laughing, rain/thunderstorms
39. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Probably Beatles.
40. What is the farthest you have been from home? Mexico.
41. Do you have a special talent? Uh, I don’t think so.