Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Overprotecting myself

I had The. Most. Incredibly. Written. Post. all ready for this morning. I started composing it in the shower this morning. Seems to be where I do my best work, actually. Hrmph. I scrambled around for something to write on as soon as I got out of the shower, and even though I loathe the feeling of just-washed-hands on paper with no lotion, I jotted down just about everything I could remember. (And managed to remember most of it despite No. 2 whispering “Mom, what are you doing? Why? What?) Man, I was proud of that post. It was going to get comments galore. I was feeling mighty proud of myself.

And then—yes, there’s always that—I realized that the person slash particular group of people I would be referring to in this post may possibly read it. (I think once I sent an email without deleting my blog address from my signature. Eek!) I wasn’t directly insulting anyone, but I could see how one particular person (who I actually don’t know) might view this as a personal attack. Despite the fact that the post was more centered around ME freaking out about something I don’t need to freak out about (OK, maybe a little). It’s such a small, small possibility that this person will read my blog, but I’m not in the business of burning bridges.

So, instead you’ll notice that I have updated my blogroll. It has been seriously lacking in representation of what I actually read. (It’s so easy to hit “Add to Favorites” instead of going into my Blogger template.) And Art-Sweet, I owe you one, big, fat apology for not at least updating my link to your new site before now. Bad Michko! Bad.

Take special note of Life as i know it. The Mr. started a blog over the weekend. Please go visit and give him a special hello.

4 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Jim F said...

I can relate to writing something and then never posting it. I have done it myself a few times.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger art-sweet said...

You are totally forgiven!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

Thanks for the link - much appreciated!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Knittygoodness said...

I'm in the same boat….my mother reads my blog (yes I gave her the address) and sometimes I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not. Whenever I post something less then ‘positive’ about how I’m feeling or dealing with my diabetes she emails or calls me worried….it’s over kill because most times it’s just me venting and really doesn’t warrant concern (or mothering). And forget posting ANYTHING about her….So I struggle with how much to ‘say’ and I edit myself. Which defeats the purpose of blogging….

 

Post a Comment

<< Home